Social Media analysts Starcount has given it’s list of the top 10 most social brands in September.
To celebrate it’s 125st Anniversary National Geographic ran a photo competition, seeing them gain 1million new Facebook likes, and clinching them the top stop.
But who else made the chart?
1.National Geographic – Asked readers to submit their favourite wildlife photos to celebrate it’s Quasquicentennial (125th) Anniversary, gaining 1 million new facebook likes.
2.Samsung Moblie – The long awaited Galaxy Round was announced in September, leading to a 1 million new twitter followers.
3.Disney – After celebrating it’s 60th Anniversary, Disney totalled 150,000 new Chinese followers on Sina Weibo in September.
4. MTV – Confirmation of acts to perform including Katy Perry, Ron Burgandy, and Miley Cyrus (We won’t forget that one in a hurry) at the European Music Awards, helped to get MTV 550,000 new Facebook likes.
5. Nike – Increased their YouTube views by 1.7 Million this month, with the help of the released of a football boot dedicated to Cristiano Ronaldo.
6. Pepsi – The Baseball World Series helped to gain Pepsi 85,000 new followers on twitter.
7. Coca-Cola – 1.5 million new Facebook fans in September.
8. Google – 6.8 new YouTube views together with breaking the $1000 share price mark meant September was a good month for Google.
9. Instagram – Even introducing adverts on the app platform can’t slow down Instagrams popularity with 1million new Twitter followers.
10.Twitter – Going public, 100,000 Facebook followers and 1.5 Million Twitter followers. Good month I’d say.