+ Attracting new customers. (Infographic: 2013 Mobile Growth Statistics)
+ Fun, widely sharable idea.
+ Enhance customer experience, service and involvement.
– Significant time and cost implication, development and marketing.
– An app is a global product, thus any use outside of Manchester would be wasted as they are not likely to ever make a purchase.
We decided this was inappropriate for Perk as they wouldn’t have the money or expertise to produce an app and would be global, rather than local which is unnecessary.
+ It gives advertisers a lot of control of their budgets and audiences.
+Assigning different ad copies for specific keywords and demographics, such as ‘Perk’ and ‘Oxford Road’ for example could dramatically increase the quality of website traffic for our business.
– High cost for small return, as those that click through aren’t likely to visit the shop.
– Can’t guarantee specific search terms will be used along with the exposure that larger companies may have compared to us.
– A recent Google survey revealed that 85-percent of people claim to ignore sponsored listings when searching via Google.
We decided that this is inappropriate because it is too much of a high cost for Perk with a low return because they only want to attract local consumers at the moment.